Hibiscus tea is a beautiful tea both in appearance and flavour, and to make it all the more lovely it can be drunk both hot and cold. With it’s deep pink colour and lovely smell its makes a soothing warm cuppa on a cold day, yet as an iced tea in the summer it can be very refreshing.
Today I wanted to share a recipe with you made from one of our very own blends, the Hibiscus Orange tea. A beautiful blend of – you guessed it – Hibiscus and Orange but broken up with more earthly flavours from the remaining ingredients.
For a little extra sweetness, we do also recommend adding honey. We chose to use our homemade Dandelion Honey but if you don’t have time to make this you can of course use normal honey too.
Hibiscus & Orange Iced Tea
- 1 Pint Water
- 4 tsp Hibiscus Orange Tea (Available in our shop)
- 2 Slices Orange (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tsp Dandelion Honey (or standard honey if you do not have dandelion honey)
- Add 1 pint of water to a pan and bring it to a boil
- Add the 4 tsp of Hibiscus Orange tea, the two slices of orange and the dandelion honey to the boiling water
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, pop a lid on the pan and leave to simmer for 6 minutes
- Taste the tea and add extra tea, orange or honey to your liking.
- Poor the tea into a jug over a strainer to remove the ingredients from your tea. Squeeze as much of the liquid out of the ingredients as possible.
- place the jug into the fridge overnight to cool.
- Add ice and a couple of additional orange slices to your tea before serving,